Have some church and personal chores this afternoon, plus a TPM column to write, so blogging may be choppy, but ’twill be done.
Here are some choppy midday news/views items:
* HRC Twitter-mocks Republican anti-vaxxer talk.
* Obama meets with ACA enrollees in pointed rejoinder to House vote to repeal health reform.
* Obama budget proposes Social Security benefits for legally wedded same-sex spouses no matter where they live.
* At TNR, Rebecca Traister gives an informed and highly personal account of why paid family leave is important. More about this later today.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman notes Scott Walker’s not so smooth when it comes to answering questions about foreign policy.
And in non-political news:
* First new Nordic temple since introduction of Christianity being built in Iceland.
As we break for lunch, here’s Dave Davies performing a song from his eponymous 1980 album, “Imaginations Real,” in 1997. Brings back that time of my life with painful clarity.