I didn’t realize until today that Kevin Drum’s having some new health problems, possibly post-chemotherapy symptoms. Please get better, Kevin; we miss you.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Sounds like Marco Rubio is pursuing the Gingrich ’12 fundraising strategy, lining up some very big Super PAC donors. Had “long one-on-one dinner” with Sheldon Adelson earlier this week.
* Interesting Kira Lerner report at ThinkProgress on renewed use of that old anti-civil-rights measure, at-large districts, to deny Latinos representation.
* Pyongyang calls knife attack on U.S. ambassador to South Korea “just punishment” for joint military maneuvers.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket argues Chris Christie has been crispy as a presidential hopeful for a good while now.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines the demise of Sweet Briar College, a women’s liberal arts school I used to live very near. Had a big bring-your-horse-to-college program.
And in non-political news:
* Delta flight skids off snowy runway at LaGuardia, crashes fence, loses wing. But just two minor injuries.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with Eddy Grant performing his 1988 hit “Gimme Hope Jo’Anna” with Kurt Darren, on Nelson Mandela’s birthday in 2008.