A rare day of rain here on the Monterey Peninsula; you can just about hear the plants drinking.
Here are some thirst-quenching midday news/views treats:
* My old buddy Armando Llorens comes up with the best argument I’ve heard for why a contested primary would be good for HRC: it’s the only way to force the MSM to cover her policy positions.
* Israel not the only place where Bibi’s big speech to Congress did not help him: his U.S. popularity now sagging as well.
* Clueless gabbers on Morning Joe blame racist chant at Oklahoma frat on black rappers. Seriously.
* At TNR, Rebecca Leber warns against talking about “belief” in climate change, as though it requires leap of faith.
* Dana Milbank argues Republicans aren’t traitors, but are implicitly setting up their own country of “Republicania” with its own laws and diplomatic ties.
And in non-political news:
* Seven Marines and four soldiers presumed dead in Army helicopter crash in Florida.
As we break for lunch, here’s Golden Earring performing another hit, “Twilight Zone,” on German TV in 1982.