I emailed my WaMo colleagues this morning asking for ideas on grounds that this was a “Catch-Up Day,” one where everybody in PoliticsLand was talking about stuff we covered yesterday. They came through admirably, and we avoided too much redundancy.
Here are some remains of the day:
* At the Prospect, Cynthia Greenlee compares 12-year-old Tamir Rice, killed by police in Cleveland, with Emmett Till.
* It’s clearly Rubio Hype Day for the conservative chattering classes, as Jennifer Rubin piles on with accolades.
* DOJ asking 5th Circuit to lift injunction against enforcement of the president’s executive actions on immigration within 14 days.
* At Ten Miles Square, Julia Azari discusses the campaign trail as a very poor place for enforcing norms on governing values like “transparency.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer examines Arizona’s bizarre efforts to get kindergartners working on their college and career plans.
And in non-political news:
* Sarah McLachlan has some regrets about her very successful “Arms of an Angel” fundraiser for SPCA.
That’s it for Thursday. We’ll close with a pretty recent Tracy Nelson performance: Muddy Waters’ “One More Mile” at the Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival in 2011. That’s the Mannish Boys Revue backing Tracy. A very good ease-into-the-evening song.