Trying not to be distracted too much by my Georgia Bulldogs’ appearance in the NCAA tournament. Hardly anyone gave them even a remote chance of beating Michigan State today. They’re up 14-12 now, but led Kentucky by 9 in the second half not long ago, too. We’ll see.
Here are some mostly un-mad midday news/views items:
* Boehner reportedly treating Doc Fix and budget resolution has test of his leadership. We’ve heard that before.
* At the Prospect, Paul Waldman notes Marco Rubio’s on fire with everybody other than Republican voters.
* No, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown doesn’t want mandatory voting law, either.
* South Carolinians don’t seem too upset at Scott Walker’s firing of Liz Mair.
* Peggy Noonan digs deep and tells us both parties are nervous about 2016. Thanks, Peg.
And in non-political news:
* New test reportedly improves ability to predict risk of Alzeihmer’s.
As we break for lunch–with my Dawgs now down 10–here’s Sonny Boy Williamson with “Springtime Blues.”