I don’t have anything profound to say about Courtney Love and her late husband. When grunge arrived I had just suspended my life-long listenership of college radio stations because the songs suddenly struck me as, well, juvenile. So I’m sure I missed a lot.
Here are some grungy midday news/views treats:
* SC House approves bill to remove Confederate flag from Statehouse grounds. That’s great, but it would be nice now if GOPers in SC & elsewhere would tone down the self-congratulations. It’s not like they were out-front on this issue when it was controversial.
* Gallup data shows that big drop in hours worked by part-time employees that Jeb Bush is now pointing to as what he meant in “longer hours” gaffe actually occurred during his brother’s administration (h/t Garance Franke-Ruta).
* Matt Yglesias notes that whatever Bush meant to say about longer hours, he offered zero policy ideas for doing anything about it.
* Greeks race to meet midnight deadline set by creditors for detailed proposal to break impasse.
* Odds drop for completion of a Iran nuke deal in time to avoid extended congressional review period.
And in non-political news:
* US stock markets up so far today, somehow.
As we break for lunch, here’s Hole performing “She Walks On Me” in 1999.