Greetings from Sky Harbor! I’ll be blogging from Georgia tomorrow, possibly after a delay at the doctor’s office, but we’ll see.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Alexis Tsipras resigns, triggering a snap Greek election in September to ratify deals with European creditors.
* Kasich campaign so glad to be alive that it’s reveling over attention of Jeb’s oppo researchers.
* 130 progressive groups call on Obama to reverse expansion of scope of Religious Freedom Restoration Act by Bush administration. More on this tomorrow.
* At Ten Miles Square, Tom Donnelly sketches the progress of voting rights from Andrew to Lyndon Johnson.
* At College Guide, Meredith Kolodner reports on employers so needy for workers that they are guaranteeing jobs to help them complete their education.
And in non-political news:
* Danny grows up, becomes a Cat 1 Hurricane, the first of the season.
That’s it for Thursday. Let’s close with a rare video of the Flying Burrito Brothers with Sneaky Pete, from 1970, “Lazy Day.”