* Donald Trump pretty well summed up all that is wrong with his candidacy when he uttered these 5 words: I think Islam hates us.
Now…just imagine who is included and excluded from that “us.”
* I worry that the longer Trump’s campaign continues, the more we’ll see this kind of thing happening.
Multiple videos show a protester at a Donald Trump rally in North Carolina being sucker-punched by a Trump supporter.
* I guess Ted Cruz has given up on trying to win over Trump supporters.
Listen, Donald does well with voters who have relatively low information, who are not that engaged and who are angry and they see him as an angry voice. Where we are beating him is when voters’ get more engaged and they get more informed.
* Carl Bialik at FiveThirtyEight suggests that there are multiple reasons why the polls were so wrong about the Michigan Democratic primary.
* Gallup reports that President Obama’s job approval has reached a three year high. While that’s pretty big news, the tectonic plates of political punditry shifted dramatically based with this one short tweet.
I miss Obama
— Ron Fournier (@ron_fournier) March 9, 2016
* Finally, when a reporter asked President Obama about the Republican’s attempt to blame him for the rise of Donald Trump, it might have made for one of those perfect “point and laugh” opportunities. But alas, that might not have been appropriate at a joint press conference with the Canadian Prime Minister. Instead we simply got a total serious debunking of that ridiculous notion.