WEDNESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* The latest NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama leading McCain by one, 46% to 45%, among registered voters.
* Former Republican Sen. Lincoln Chafee called Sarah Palin a “cocky wacko” yesterday, at a forum hosted by the New America Foundation.
* Al Gore will deliver the keynote address at the Iowa Democratic Party’s annual Jefferson-Jackson Day dinner on Oct. 4.
* Are the national polls over-sampling Republicans?
* The McCain campaign has begun buying ad time for daytime television, and will run spots during “The Price is Right,” “Guiding Lights,” and “Days of Our Lives.”
* McCain has launched his first television ad swing in Florida.
* Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama in Montana by 11, 53% to 42%.
* Norm Coleman really doesn’t want to talk about Bush.
* Those Georgia Republicans sure do seem to like the word “uppity.”