WEDNESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers.
* The new McCain campaign ad, I kid you not, features people identifying themselves as “Joe the Plumber.”
* McCain thinks Republicans who question Palin’s credentials have an “elitist” attitude.
* A right-wing group called Let Freedom Ring is spending over $1.2 million on some anti-Obama attacks ads. The spots will air in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, and Colorado.
* In Wisconsin, a WPR poll shows Obama leading McCain by 13, 51% to 38%.
* In South Dakota, a KELO poll shows McCain leading Obama by seven, 48% to 41%.
* In West Virginia, Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama by nine, 52% to 43%.
* In Colorado, an InsiderAdvantage poll shows Obama leading McCain by five, 51% to 46%.
* In Maine, a Pan Atlantic SMS Group poll shows Obama leading McCain by 12, 51% to 39%.