WEDNESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* The mysterious and deceptive right-wing polling, intended to drive down Jewish support for Barack Obama, was launched by the Republican Jewish Coalition.
* The latest Ipsos/McClatchy poll shows Obama and McCain tied nationally at 45% each. Nader is third with 2%, followed by Barr with 1%.
* TPM reports, “A group of civil rights lawyers is launching what it bills as the largest voter-protection effort in American history, planning to raise and spend millions of dollars to station hundreds of lawyers and thousands of volunteers at polling places across the country to help voters having trouble with the polls on Election Day.” The project is called, “Election Protection.”
* Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain in New York by 13, 55% to 42%.
* Research 2000 shows Obama leading McCain in Vermont by 19, 55% to 36%.
* Quinnipiac shows Obama leading McCain in New Jersey by 3, 48% to 45%.