WEDNESDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* There are several new national polls out today. Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg shows Obama leading McCain by nine (50% to 41%); Ipsos/McClatchy shows Obama leading McCain by nine (51% to 42%); and the Pew Research Center shows Obama leading McCain by 10 (50% to 40%).
* Obama is reportedly moving field staff from Michigan to Indiana.
* Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) cut a good radio ad for Obama, emphasizing the fact that Obama won’t take anyone’s guns away.
* Bring Ohio Back, a 527 group, has a series of new anti-McCain spots that “look more like a beer commercial than campaign advertising.” I found the ads pretty effective.
* For all the recent talk about “anonymous” Obama donors, it seems McCain is in a similar situation.
* In Delaware, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by 15, 56% to 41%.