MONDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* Not surprisingly, the Obama campaign jumped on McCain for praising the strength of the “fundamentals of the economy.”
* Both McCain and Palin have repeatedly said that Alaska supplies 20% of the nation’s energy. They’re blatantly lying.
* The same Texas billionaire and right-wing operatives who organized the Swiftboat attackers from 2004 have formed the American Issues Project to tear down Obama.
* Hillary Clinton campaigned on Obama’s behalf in Ohio yesterday. “I hear a lot of talk about this election, people asking, ‘Who are you for?’” Clinton said. “That’s not right question. The right question is: ‘Who is for you?’”
* Palin campaigned solo for the first time since joining the Republican ticket yesterday, hosting a rally in Nevada.
* Newsweek’s latest national poll shows Obama and McCain tied at 46% each.
* The new Iowa Poll shows Obama leading McCain in Iowa by 12 points, 52% to 40%.
* A Research 2000 poll shows Obama leading McCain in New Jersey by nine, 50% to 41%.
* Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama in Nevada by three, 49% to 46%.
* Rasmussen shows McCain leading Obama in Utah by 32, 64% to 32%.
* Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain in Delaware by 12, 55% to 43%.
* Hockey Moms from Wasilla take a page from the Swiftboat playbook. (Just to be clear, this is a parody.)