THURSDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers:
* The Obama campaign unveiled a minute-long biographical piece last night, emphasizing Obama’s love of country.
* The United Auto Workers are stepping up with a new ad campaign, hitting McCain on economic issues. The spots are slated to run in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
* In perhaps the cycle’s most predictable announcement, the National Rifle Association endorsed McCain this morning.
* In Pennsylvania, a Strategic Vision poll shows Obama leading McCain by 14, 54% to 40%.
* In Wisconsin, a SurveyUSA poll shows Obama leading McCain by 14, 52% to 42%.
* In North Carolina, a SurveyUSA poll shows McCain leading Obama by three, 49% to 46%.
* In Georgia, a Strategic Vision poll shows McCain leading Obama by seven, 50% to 43%.
* And while Obama has done well in stretching the electoral map this year, I think we can safely say that Oklahoma is not in play.