TUESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Wall Street seemed to react well to the Fed’s latest (and last) rate cut.
* Evidence of deflation may have had something to do with the Fed’s move.
* The attempted terrorism in Paris today looked pretty scary.
* Is Muntadar al-Zaidi, the shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist, being abused while in custody?
* What do you know, Cheney signed off on torture.
* Conservative Republicans in Congress seem to want the U.S. auto industry to collapse.
* The Securities and Exchange Commission was unbelievably slow in responding to doubts about Madoff’s business practices, which were apparently an elaborate Ponzi scheme.
* The Supreme Court has cleared the way for smokers to sue tobacco companies over the marketing of “light” cigarettes.
* Obama’s plan to build up the nation’s Internet infrastructure really is worthwhile.
* It’s hard to believe, but Bill O’Reilly’s replacement on Fox Radio is actually a step down: it’s John Gibson.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.