TUESDAY’S MINI-REPORT…. Today’s edition of quick hits:
* Another bad day on Wall Street, with the three biggest indexes falling about 1% each.
* The housing market continues to look bleak, and may not have reached the bottom yet.
* The Bernard Madoff fiasco gets even more tragic: Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, who founded an investment fund that lost millions with Madooff, apparently committed suicide overnight.
* The LA Times forgets the importance of disclosure.
* More members of Obama’s national security team were announced today.
* Some of Obama’s detractors need geography lessons.
* I had no idea so many presidents had been photographed without their shirts on.
* I guess Rick Warren is embarrassed about some of his church’s anti-gay messages?
* Even now, Fox News personalities are still repeating nonsense about the Community Reinvestment Act.
* Congrats to Dan Drezner on his new blogging gig.
* There’s been some good discussion around the ‘sphere today about the structural problems facing the newspaper industry. I found Kevin’s thinking very much in line with my own.
* Bret Baier will replace Brit Hume as Fox News’ “Special Report” anchor.
* The “War on Christmas” nonsense is definitely muted this year, but some conservatives just can’t help themselves.
* I really do think Festivus is a great holiday.
Anything to add? Consider this an open thread.