I rarely watch Fox, and having decided to track conservative reaction to the Court decision, I’ve really got a headache. Time to look elsewhere:
* At Volokh Conspiracy, David Bernstein offers fascinating evidence that Kennedy dissent was originally draft as majority, then Roberts flipped.
* Romney statement on decision did not follow Tax! Tax! Tax! message. Clearly a prefab speech.
* Both Fox and CNN initially misreported decision as striking down mandate. Yuk, yuk.
* European markets close with small rally as hope springs eternal of EU summit non-failure.
* House plunging ahead with Holder contempt vote this afternoon. Will anyone notice? If not, was that the plan?
And in non-political news:
* Gaga’s new single, “Princess Die,” a real buzzkill.
Back after a mental health break.