Time to clean up my lunch act, literally: ants in the kitchen! While I look for something un-crumbly to eat, here are some light snacks for your reading pleasure:
* Gawker‘s John Cook examines “black hole” of Romney’s finances, releases nearly a thousand pages of documents. Time for us all to put on our green eyeshades and try to remember what we’ve learned of personal finance and tax law.
* Latest reductionist economic model for election, this one from two Colorado academics, predicts relatively comfortable Romney victory. Wonder why anyone’s bothering to campaign? Social science has spoken!
* If Akin gets out, this will be vehicle: he’s meeting with key members of Council for National Policy, the main coordinating body for Christian Right and rest of conservative movement, in Tampa. Love to be a fly on that wall.
* Republicans now claiming silence on exceptions in platform plank calling for constitutional ban on abortions means “no position.” I have a feeling antichoice ultras will have something to say about that.
* If Tropical Storm Isaac heads towards Tampa and achieves Cat 2 status (both doubtful but possible scenarios), evacuation of Republican convention site will be mandatory. Yikes!
And in non-political news:
* New iPhone due in stores on September 21. Name still unknown.
Back to blogging with 30 minutes or so.