Onto day nine of second cycle of eleven-day diets; everything takes like sludge. What I get for letting go for so long.
At any rate, though “lunch” is not an appealing prospect, here are some mid-day goodies for your own consumption:
* Per WaPo’s Greg Sargent, very good sign for Obama’s gun agenda: Joe Manchin endorses universal background checks.
* Brent Budowsky says Rand Paul’s “I’d fire you” comment to HRC was like “a little league coach suggesting he would have fired Babe Ruth.”
* Former federal prosecutor Mary Jo White nominated to head up Securities & Exchange Commission.
* Al Gore’s net worth estimated at $300 million. Who knew?
* Weigel reports Tom Harkin damning filibuster deal with the faintest of praise.
And in non-political news:
* Voice of Charlie Brown on Peanuts TV specials arrested for stalking ex-girlfriend, threatening injury to dog (profoundly hope he’s not named “Snoopy”).
Back after a reasonably short break.