I wasn’t planning on watching the SuperBowl (note to football-o-phones: college fans and pro fans are often not the same people), and missed about half of it, getting drawn in only by the drama of the 49ers comeback. That and the fact that I was trying to do some work during commercials meant I deliberately missed most of those elements of the Big Show. So at some point I’ll probably check out Seth Stevenson’s “best and worst commercials” take for Slate. There are, of course, hundreds of others. Feel free to recommend one or offer your own thoughts in the comment thread.
Meantime, here are some non-Super-Bowl mid-day morsels:
* Weld takes himself out of running for Massachusetts Senate special election. More pressure on Tagg!
* Brother Benen reports that yes, a filibuster of Hagel’s confirmation would be unprecedented but no, GOPers haven’t made up their minds just what to do.
* Trump calls Jindal “stupid” for calling other Republicans “stupid.” Clearly, a lot of stupidity going around.
* Meanwhile, Jindal pauses in frantic efforts to run for president to blast anyone thinking of running for president so early.
* Erick Erickson declares war on Karl Rove.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Remains of Richard III found under London parking lot.
Back after a paint-buying chore.