On a rare rainy day here on the Central Coast, I’m warming myself by the iMAC and beginning to make summer vacation plans to go somewhere probably less fabulous than where I am. Can’t much complain.
Here are some mid-day news/views nuggets:
* High weekly jobless claims are beginning to build expectation that tomorrow’s Jobs Report for March may be seriously underwhelming.
* Another NY pol, a Bronx assemblyman, has been arrested in connection with the Malcolm Smith bribery scandal, and yet another legislator will soon resign as part of a plea deal.
* In better news from New York, fast food workers are staging lightning strike today for better wages and real chance to form unions.
* Gingrich warns practice of Christianity in danger of being outlawed, compared culture wars to ancient fights between Christians and pagans.
* Interesting Zvika Krieger piece at The Atlantic about battle for gay surrogacy rights in Israel.
And in non-political news:
* BOA begins installing “ATMs With Assist” machines that allow live chat with remote teller. Will she be named “Tillie?”
Back after a nutrition break.