Ugh. I wrote this post at the usual Lunch Buffet time, but didn’t publish it because Ryan had a post in the queue. Then I forgot to go back and change “unpublished” to “published,” which is why it’s going up so very late. Sorry! Blame all the DayQuil I’m taking!
If you are still hungry, here are some mid-day news/views items in various sizes and shapes:
* Letters containing ricin sent to Wicker, Obama. “Suspicious packages” popping up all over Senate mail system. Hart Senate Office Building briefly evacuated.
* TPM’s Brian Beutler notes House Republicans no longer demanding “regular order” on budget measures now that Senate’s passed a budget resolution the House refuses to go to conference to discuss.
* New Zealand becomes 13th country to legalize same-sex marriage.
* RCP’s Scott Conroy says Republicans who know nothing about hip-hop most impressed by Marco Rubio’s supposed street cred.
* At WaPo, good analysis by Jamelle Bouie on what each side gave up and gained in Gang of Eight immigration bill.
And in non-political news:
* Singer Adele refuses to ink rich deal for memoir because she’s too young. Refreshing.