Well, after a day of Black Sabbath music and a dash of Goat’s Head Soup, I best get ready for a church-heavy weekend.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Wisconsin Republicans, who find themselves voting on a resolution asserting the right of states to secede from the Union at a weekend party conference, are acting like they don’t know how this could have happened. It’s called “the base,” Bubba.
* Paulite State Committee members swept out of office in Iowa district GOP conventions, reversing 2012 coup.
* At Prospect, Ari Rabin-Havt says it’s time for Democrats to take the Native American-killing Jackson out of J-J dinners.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein cautions Dems not to take too much comfort from the April Jobs Report.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer mocks a kindergarten’s adoption of the buzzword “college and career ready.”
That it’s for the day and week. Kathleen Geier will be in for weekend blogging. To end the day with a roar, here’s Black Sabbath’s classic antiwar anthem, “War Pigs.”