Had an appointment that ran long (yes, that happens even to news-cycle bloggers), so sorry if your stomachs are growling for Lunch.
* Brother Benen examines Rand Paul’s “I’ll repeal all executive orders” boast.
* After watching oral arguments at Kansas Supreme Court, Rick Hasen reasonably sure Chad Taylor will get his name removed from November ballot, which is good news for Democrats.
* Meanwhile, federal appeals court’s ruling suddenly lifting stay against voter ID law has caused electoral chaos in Wisconsin.
* Obama sending 3,000 military personnel to West Africa to help deal with medical and logistical side of fight against Ebola.
* Greg Sargent notes the extent to which the worm has turned on cultural issues, with Democrats generally on the offensive.
And in non-political news:
* Philippines’ Mount Mayon appears on brink of eruption.
As we break for lunch, here’s another song about Selective Service: the Byrds with “Draft Morning,” alongside video of actual draft notice.