Congrats to the San Francisco Giants for their third World Series win in five years. Most of my neighbors are very happy, but a special sympathetic shout-out to my church friends the Heckmans, from Kansas City, along with WaMo’s great friend and associate Blue Girl.
Here are some post-season midday news/views treats:
* Man, that Lindsey Graham is really a card, ain’t he? Yuk Yuk.
* Larry Sabato’s Crystal Ball does a “no-tossups” projection of House races, and predicts GOP gain of net 9 seats.
* Scott Brown adds polio and whooping cough to Ebola as diseases that may come pouring over our “unsecured” borders.
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn argues the kind of health measures that have saved seven Ebola patients in US could work wonders if applied in West Africa.
* Five-term Boston mayor Thomas Menino dies at 71.
And in non-political news:
* Theater owners ban wearable cameras at the movies.
As we break for lunch, here’s Grace with the Airplane performing one of my favorite JA songs, “Crown of Creation,” on the Smothers Brothers show in 1968. Slick is in blackface, reportedly in an act of solidarity with African-American Communist activist Angela Davis.