Tomorrow is Veterans Day, when we honor those who have put their lives on the line for the rest of us. It’s a federal holiday, so we’ll be on the Federal Holiday Lite Blogging schedule.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Toldja so: “Senate GOP steeling for battle against EPA.” It’s all about the fossil fuels, bro.
* Joe Lieberman joins Jon Huntsman as co-chair of No Labels. Could be renamed No Constituency.
* Increasingly clear 2014 turnout represented 72-year low.
* Iowa Farmer and future Judiciary Committee chairman Chuck Grassley signalling tough confirmation road for Obama nominees, including AG pick.
* At College Guide, Jon Marcus discusses the rapidly burgeoning problem of graduate student debt.
And in non-political news:
* Uh-Oh: McDonald’s recalls two and-a-half million Hello Kitty toys handed out with meals, citing choking hazard.
That’s it for Monday. We’ll close with an early Greg Lake vocal performance with King Crimson, so far back in the day: “Twenty-First Century Schizoid Man:”