Got a little distracted this afternoon by my weekly TPMCafe column. It’s basically going to involve making fun of Chris Christie for 800 or 900 words. Like I said, it’s been distracting.
Here are some remains of the day:
* At TNR Jeet Heer examines Marco Rubio’s fear-based campaign message. More about that tomorrow.
* Texas Gov. Greg Abbott reasons that since Waco biker shootout occurred before open carry law could be enacted, best way to stop future biker shootouts is to enact open carry law. Amazing.
* Gallup shows support for same-sex marriage now up to 60%. Zoom zoom.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer argues that crackdown on predatory for-profit schools like the Corinthian chain could make life easier for legitimate for-profits.
* At The Grade, Alexandeer Russo discusses growing coverage of parents “stealing an education” by improperly enrolling kids in better schools.
And in non-political news:
* Huge 36 million (17 million in the U.S.) vehicle recall, including Honda and Toyota models, for faulty air bags.
That’s it for Tuesday. There are scattered elections today which we’ll cover in the morning. We’ll close with The Who performing “Behind Blue Eyes” in 1977.