FRIDAY’S CAMPAIGN ROUND-UP….Today’s installment of campaign-related news items that wouldn’t generate a post of their own, but may be of interest to political observers. (Sorry I’m running late today; I’ve been experiencing trouble with my internet connection this morning.)
* The RNC’s new ad slams Obama for lacking “executive experience.” It doesn’t note, of course, that McCain also lacks “executive experience.”
* Is Colin Powell poised to weigh in on the presidential race?
* The Politico reports, “Sen. Barack Obama holds leads in four key counties that will go a long way toward determining the eventual winner in four important swing states — Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Virginia — according to a new Politico/Insider Advantage survey.”
* In Florida, where recent polling had shown Obama leading, SurveyUSA shows McCain up by two, 49% to 47%.
* In Missouri, Rasmussen shows Obama leading McCain by six, 52% to 46%.
* In Ohio, Rasmussen shows Obama and McCain tied at 49% each.