FROM THE WEEKEND…. We covered a fair amount of ground over the weekend. Here’s a quick overview of what you may have missed.
On Sunday, we talked about:
* Herman Cain wouldn’t allow Muslim American in his cabinet. As offensive as that is, don’t forget, Mitt Romney said the same thing four years ago.
* At an Iowa event for prospective GOP presidential candidates, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) “stole the show.”
* Geraldine Ferraro died Saturday at the age of 75.
And on Saturday, we talked about:
* As if Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) wasn’t offensive enough, his new Medicaid scheme would put a lot of money in his own pocket.
* In “This Week in God,” we covered, among other things, the distance between Roman Catholics’ beliefs on social issues and the stances of church officials.
* With Barbour, Pawlenty, and Huckabee all vowing with reinstate “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” the dead-enders really need to get over themselves.
* And in Wisconsin, state Republican lawmakers think they’ve found a short cut around a court-imposed restraining order.