My laptop’s really acting up. Time for me to reboot, and you to have a lunch break. Here’s some mental eats:
* It’s International Women’s Day. There’s a lot to celebrate, but do not miss Ann Friedman’s baleful (and savagely funny) look at how women are being treated in American politics at the moment.
* Another righteously angry woman, the blogger Angry Black Lady, notes Georgia newspaper political cartoon depicting the president as Sandra Fluke’s pimp.
* Joe the Plumber, having won a quasi-worthless GOP congressional nomination on Tuesday in Ohio, goes onto CNN and freaks out.
* Pat Robertson comes out for legalization of pot. Was he high?
* Justice Department threatens Apple and four major publishers with suit to stop alleged price-fixing on e-books.
And, in other technology news:
TIME article blames iPad3 mania on common condition called “neophilia.”
Back before too long. If you run out of stuff to read, be sure to read this.