Kinda get the feeling that a lot of readers are sort of checking out of political media today. Don’t blame them a bit given the kind of “news” we’re all dealing with.
But at day’s end, there’s always a bit more news quantity, if not quality:
* Issa claims Lois Lerner waived her Fifth Amendment rights by making opening statement to Oversight Committee. What’s next? Lerner hauled off to jail in chains? Rush seems to think that’s a good idea.
* Administration admission that four Americans killed by drones overseas could overshadow Obama’s big foreign policy speech tomorrow.
* TPM’s Hunter Walker has amusing story about Anthony Weiner campaign’s successful strategy to handle launch in way that kept his face–and the inevitable puns–off front pages of this morning’s New York tabloids.
* At Ten Miles Square, Ryan Cooper executes rational intervention in Krugman-Kinsley war over austerity.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer offers his own take on Michelle Rhee’s recent trajectory, and on Nicholas Lemann’s review of her book.
And in non-political news:
* Tiger Woods’ rivals just can’t seem to pass up the fried chicken “jokes,” can they?
Since we started the day with Ozzie, let’s end it with a jumbo pack of vintage Black Sabbath: “Paranoid” and “Iron Man,” in a video recorded for German TV in 1970.