Back home in time for Day’s End! It even rained here a bit while I was gone, for the first time in about five months.
Here are some remainders of the day:
* Senate Conservatives Fund backing a primary challenger to Rep. Bill Cassady in Louisiana Senate race, which is good news for Mary Landrieu.
* Hoping to help Ken Cuccinelli with libertarians, Rand Paul’s in Virginia, but probably didn’t help Cooch by arguing legalized abortion will lead to eugenics.
* New study shows 7,500 American kids admitted to hospitals with gunshot wounds each year.
* At Ten Miles Square, Don Taylor documents the massive redistribution of dollars from poorer to richer states produced by the many of the former rejecting the ACA Medicaid expansion.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer adds to the New York Times‘ discussion of “bang for buck” college rankings, a trend begun here at WaMo.
And in non-political news:
* You’ll enjoy this, long-time PA readers: San Francisco company claims it’s developed a software that can crack CAPTCHA.
That’s it for another Monday. There are an extraordinary number of Lou Reed songs I could end the day with, but let’s go with a Velvet Underground classic featuring John Cale on viola: “Venus in Furs.” I once played this tune three straight times on a jukebox in a New Orleans bar at four in the morning, and nobody minded.