Sorry for the late lunch, but I kinda got down in the weeds of looking at old exit polls, and that’s a time-magnet of a high order.
Here are some midday nuggets fresh from the fryer:
* The Prospect‘s Paul Waldman comes up with a good term for the MSM’s determination to turn FL-13 into a referendum on this or that: “The Consequential Imperative.”
* Dave Weigel challenges the “Obamacare referendum” take on FL-13, and a couple of other items of CW.
* Colorado Independent‘s John Tomasic takes a close look at the extremist voting record of Rep. Cory Gardner, whose decision to push poor Ken Buck out of the way in the CO Senate race has Republicans so very excited.
* Dr. Ben Carson goes all-out with the Nazi Germany Analogy for today’s America. What a patriot.
* U.S.-based multinationals have now amassed $1.95 trillion in offshore assets. They’re patriots, too.
And in non-political news:
* Massive explosion in Harlem levels two buildings, kills at least two people.
As we break for lunch, here’s the Mothers of Invention performing “Lonesome Cowboy Burt” in 200 Motels, featuring Jimmy Carl Black.