Forgot to mention that it rained here on Saturday! About fifty straight days like that and we can talk about the beginning of the end of the Great California Drought.
Here are some remains of the day:
* In a strange comment directed at Chris Christie, chairman of the Republican Governors’ Association, Scott Walker basically says he’s only interested in money, not any personal appearances by the New Jersey governor.
* Terse or even unarticulated decisions by SCOTUS baffling Court-watchers.
* At TNR Danny Vinik patiently reviews the heavy evidence that a Republican Senate would not lead to any actual new legislation.
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell discovers a rival to David Brooks in “great bad writing.”
* At College Guide, Jill Barshay offers lessons recently learned in how to teach writing.
And in non-political news:
* Some enduring lessons from Emily Post on what would have been her 142d birthday.
That’s it for Monday. We’ll close with my favorite Cream song, performed at a rare reunion in 2005, “White Room.”