* Yesterday I noted that the folks on Morning Joe went after Stephen Miller…hard. Today it was Kellyanne Conway’s turn.
Ouch! Remember – all of this comes less than two weeks after she bungled the “Bowling Green Massacre” talking point and a few days after she got in a lot of hot water for telling Fox News viewers to “buy Ivanka.”
* I’m guessing all that above is why we witnessed this strange performance from Conway on the Today Show this morning.
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) February 14, 2017
Gone were the pretentious quips and rapid-fire lies. She was sullen and almost uncommunicative.
* In what was likely a response to the drubbing she took on Morning Joe, Conway tweeted this:
I serve at the pleasure of @POTUS. His message is my message. His goals are my goals. Uninformed chatter doesn't matter.
— Kellyanne Conway (@KellyannePolls) February 14, 2017
* That led to a rather unfortunate event when Conway re-tweeted some love that came her way from a white nationalist. You can read about that at Buzzfeed because the tweets have since been deleted. Overall I’d say that we are witnessing the dissembling of Kellyanne Conway. Perhaps her boss won’t mind and maybe she can recover. But I’m wondering if we should pencil in Conway’s name to the list of people who might soon be hearing, “You’re fired.”
* In addition to losing his job, Michael Flynn might also be in legal trouble.
F.B.I. agents interviewed Michael T. Flynn when he was national security adviser in the first days of the Trump administration about his conversations with the Russian ambassador, current and former officials said on Tuesday.
The interview raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If he was not entirely honest with the F.B.I., it could expose Mr. Flynn to a felony charge. President Trump asked for Mr. Flynn’s resignation on Monday night.
* This SHOULD pose a challenge to the president. But who knows if it actually will?
Russia has secretly deployed a new cruise missile despite complaints from American officials that it violates a landmark arms control treaty that helped seal the end of the Cold War, administration officials say.
The move presents a major challenge for President Trump, who has vowed to improve relations with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia and to pursue arms accords.
* Stop me if you’ve heard this story before.
Republicans are back to open warfare over Obamacare.
Disparate factions of the GOP are drawing hard lines on what they’re willing to support — or not — when it comes to repealing the health care law. And the sparring raises the question of what, if anything, can pass Congress over the next few weeks.
* Finally, how sweet is it that Samantha Bee sent POTUS a Valentine?
— Full Frontal (@FullFrontalSamB) February 14, 2017