As happened yesterday, here in EDT “lunch” is interfering with the timing of the “lunch buffet,” so I hope you will forgive me for starting without you.
Here are some mid-day news/views morsels:
* Oral arguments in the Prop 8 case are over, and as usual, Justice Kennedy is the key to the decision. More on that directly.
* Phil Gingrey announces Senate bid in Georgia. For a minute there, I thought the headline said “Gingrich,” which was thrilling.
* Gary Bauer makes tired case for GOP doubling-down on social issues and calling it “compassionate.”
* Dave Weigel notes poll from New Jersey showing gay marriage as popular as Chris Christie.
* At TAP, Abby Rapoport assesses growing support for pot legalization in the states.
And in non-political news:
* Georgia beats Iowa State in women’s NCAA tournament and heads to Sweet 16.
Back after digesting some Court analysis.